eBook creation software

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Jan 19 18:54:36 UTC 2012

I saw the big news announcement today regarding Apple's latest eBook
creation software and supporting apps.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibooks/id364709193?mt=8

Should be a fascinating trend to follow, but as with most endangered
language communities, most of us will be on the sidelines waiting to
see how such tools can be used (if at all) in language revitalization
applications.

It seems we need a new buzz word to describe the technology needs,
development gap, and cultural/language challenges most communities
find themselves in.  This is because we come back to square one every
time there is a new educational technology up for consideration.  The
idea of a "digital divide" is sort of lame and a bit outmoded these
days but it gets a lot of mileage in the text books.

Phil
UofA