Do you speak Texan? (fwd link)

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Wed May 9 02:22:48 UTC 2012

 hmmm...how does a texan say   *"the flattened monophthong"*
(sounds like a roadkill rattlesnake to me)

If you *know* you have an accent...does it even qualify as an accent?

Doesn't an accent only exist when its compared to someone else's accent?

Is it even possible for Texans who speak with accents to study Texan
accents?

and where did the word "food" (as in : fude ) come from anyway?

Richard
Wyandotte Oklahoma

--
*

"Think not forever of yourselves... nor of your own generation.

Think of continuing generations of our families,

think of our grandchildren and of those yet unborn,

whose faces are coming from beneath the ground."             The Peacemaker,

 richardzanesmith.wordpress.com

**

**

*