restrictions on displaying the language online

George Ann Gregory holabitubbe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 16:47:36 UTC 2013

Eddie, I know Tiwa as a Pueblo Indian language. And I have been told that
the elders at Isleta Pueblo do not want the language recorded. I have since
found out that there is a language in India also called Tiwa. When I told
my friends from Isleta Pueblo, they thought that was funny.

Several of the Pueblos in New Mexico do not want their languages recorded.
I think also the Kickapoo in Oklahoma have made this decision.

I hope this helps.

George Ann