Books in Native Language

Donna Clark d_clark at FRONTIER.COM
Wed Jan 16 18:21:35 UTC 2013

I am definitely interested in learning more about the availability of your books.  We have four languages here at SIR and this would definitely give us a leg up on providing language learning opportunities to our families.

Many thanks,

Donna

D_clark at frontier.com

SIR

Donna Clark

Language Program Coordinator

Susanville Indian Rancheria

745 Joaquin Street

Susanville, CA 96130

Ph.530-257-5449

Fax 530-251-5635

D_clark at frontier.com

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tammy DeCoteau
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:33 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: [ILAT] Books in Native Language

Mitakuyapi,

Over the years we have offered several times for any tribe, school or language program to take the books we have made and translate them into any native language so they can be used for revitalizing our native languages.

I am attaching a page of one of the books showing it in Dakotah, Lakota, and as it was translated by the Nanticoke Lenni Lenape Language Revitalization Project.  We have over 120 children's books and I take this opportunity to restate our offer.

Tammy DeCoteau
AAIA Native Language Program