Listening Session Preparation - Invited Panelists - Press

rrlapier at aol.com rrlapier at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 16:18:15 UTC 2014

I wanted to let you know that I’ve sent out invitations to seven people to speak on our panel at the Listening Session (listed below) – and have sent the attached flyer to all of the tribes in MT. Please feel free to share it with your lists as well. We also have a Salish elder lined up to begin our session with a prayer. We will work on letting press know, but will also have our state press on-site to take pictures.Thank you both for all of your help in pulling this together! Let me know if you have any questions.SierraSierra Howlett | Senior Policy AdvisorSenate Committee on Indian Affairs | Chairman Jon Tester838 Hart Senate Office Building | (202) 224-2251______________________________________________________________________________________________________________Invited panelists: (I have an email out to Crow as well, looking for a recommended panelist)1.     Mizuki MiyashitaAssociate Professor, Linguistics ProgramDept. of AnthropologyUniversity of Montana, Missoula, MT2.     Andrea Running WolfUniversity of Montana Student, Alumni – Cuts Wood Immersion School, Browning, MT3.     Tara DowdBoard, Salish School of Spokane, Spokane, WA4.     Lynette ChandlerWhite Clay Immersion School, Ft. Belknap, MT5.     Stephen GreymorningProfessor of Anthropology and NASUniversity of Montana, Missoula, MT6.     Steve ArcaN’kusm Language School, Arlee, MT7.     Thipiziwin YoungLakota Language Nest, Fort Yates, ND