Linguistics programs for Mexican and Panamanian nationals

Carolyn O'Meara ckomeara at buffalo.edu
Fri Apr 25 15:55:26 UTC 2014

No problem! And just to follow up on the the scholarship question, for the
UNAM graduate programs, if students meet the minimum requirements and at
the time of beginning studies do not have a full time job, they are
eligible for scholarships that last for the duration of the time they are
taking the required classes. I believe that the Colegio de México and
CIESAS also give scholarships to their graduate students.

Additionally, it would be worth looking into the Linguistics program at the
University of Texas at Austin.

Mexican students can also get scholarships from CONACyT (like the Mexican
NSF) to study at graduate programs in other parts of the world, including
the U.S. and Canada. I believe that the Ford fellowships that once existed
for indigenous students in Mexico are no longer available.

Best,
Carolyn