grad programs in documentation

Brent Henderson harambee78 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:09:16 UTC 2014

We have been building a program in documentation here at the University of
Florida over the past five years or so and offer a two-course sequence on
documentation methods as well as a lab space we use to train students. Many
of our faculty (myself, James Essegbey, Frank Zeidl, Fiona McLaughlin)
focus on languages of Africa, but we have students working on languages
from other parts of the world as well (three of mine work on Mehri
(Oman/Yemen), Wakhi (Taijikistan/Pakistan), and Yazgarluma (Tajikistan).
Pedagogy isn't a big component of our training, but faculty would certainly
support independent studies in that area. http://lin.ufl.edu/

We don't have many details online yet, but feel free to give my email
address to anyone who wants more information.  bhendrsn at ufl.edu