More on academic programs

Monica Macaulay mmacaula at wisc.edu
Wed Apr 30 18:36:53 UTC 2014

Hi again folks,

I emailed with Alyson Reed, the Executive Director of the LSA, and she pointed out to me that the LSA’s website has a searchable directory of programs:  http://www.linguisticsociety.org/resource/directory-departments-and-programs.  If you click on the link, it takes you to a form where you can search by name of program, university, highest degree offered, and graduate program specialization.  And yes indeed, “language documentation” is one of the choices.  I feel dumb - I should have known about that!

However, Alyson also pointed out that the resource is only as good as the data that’s entered, and they’ve been having a very hard time getting programs to update their info.  So if you’re one of the people who responded, check your department’s listing, and have the appropriate person update it if it needs it!

- Monica

Monica Macaulay
University of Wisconsin
Department of Linguistics