Beautiful Mars Project

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 18:12:26 UTC 2014

A message from NASA mission HiRise based out of the Lunar and Planetary
Laboratory on the University of Arizona campus: (feel free to forward)

HiRISE, onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, is the most powerful
camera ever sent to another planet. With our "Beautiful Mars Project," we
want to bring Mars to people in their language, and we are very interested
to have Native American languages represented as well. Our goal is to put
these languages in a way that people would not expect: describing the
surface of another planet. This would be the most unique and potentially
powerful resource to connect with native speakers and for educators who can
show a language being used to talk about beautiful Mars." (
http://www.uahirise.org/epo/)

If you're interested in helping us, please contact
beautifulmars at uahirise.org for more details.