Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Endangered Languages

Navin Singh nks23 at nau.edu
Sat Feb 22 02:04:57 UTC 2014

Hi Anna,

I read your blog, it is really enlightening as you have pointed out and
brought many aspects of language loss and its implication and touched upon
many other aspects pertaining to endangered languages. I think there is
little argument over the fact that languages and cultures are dying almost
every day in the name of modernization. We, Dr Reyhner and I have published
some articles related to endangered languages and cultures, what we have
called cultural genocide (Reyhner & Singh, 2010). I also have discussed
these issues in  my books (Singh, 2012, 2013).

Let me share with you that in 2010, March the Guardian published a report
of linguists and archaeologist who found that a Language became extinct in
Andaman Nicobar Islands of India with a death of its last speaker, Boa Sir,
that existed 65000 years old.

So loss of language and culture are a great loss for humanity.

Thank you for your such an amazing blog.

With best regards,
Navin Kumar Singh, EdD
Independent Scholar

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Anna Luisa Daigneault <
annaluisa at livingtongues.org> wrote:

> Dear ILAT group,
>
> In honor of International Mother Language Day today, I wrote this blog
> piece. Feedback is welcome.
>

> http://livingtongues.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/top-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-endangered-languages/
>
> best wishes,
> Anna
>
> *Anna Luisa Daigneault, M.Sc*
> Development Officer & Latin America Projects Coordinator
> Living Tongues Institute for Endangered Languages<http://www.livingtongues.org/>
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/livingtongues>  |  Blog<http://livingtongues.wordpress.com/>
> |   Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/living.tongues>
>
> Archivo Digital de la Memoria Yanesha | Arr Añño'tena Poeñotenaxhno Yanesha
> www.yanesha.com

Navin Kumar Singh, EdD
Curriculum and Instruction (Applied Linguistics)

Phone: 928-221-4596