Aboriginal languages app launches in Fort Qu'Appelle (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:23:03 UTC 2014

*Aboriginal languages app launches in Fort Qu'Appelle*

*App developed by File Hills Qu'Appelle Tribal Council teaches several
aboriginal languages*

Reported by *Brady Knight*

First Posted: Jun 24, 2014 11:00am Saskatchewan

Language is the cornerstone of any culture and a Saskatchewan First Nations
agency is trying something new in an effort to preserve aboriginal
languages.

The File Hills Qu'Appelle Tribal Council unveiled an app on Monday in Fort
Qu'Appelle.

It took about three years to complete and teaches Nakota, Dakota, Lakota,
Saulteaux and Cree
<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cree-fhqtc/id839720921?mt=8> through
practice, games and quizzes.

"We know that our languages are at risk," said Director of Education Lori
Poitras. "And if we don't do something about it, we're not going to have
our own languages

Access full article below:
http://ckom.com/story/aboriginal-languages-app-launches-fort-quappelle/375393