UT Arlington to host international conference on Native American language (fwd link)

Phil Cash Cash weyiiletpu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:12:15 UTC 2014

*UT Arlington to host international conference on Native American language*

Published on Monday, 02 June 2014 17:39
Written by UT Arlington Media Release

ARLINGTON, Texas – Some of the world’s leading experts in language research
and documentation will gather to discuss Native American languages and
indigenous communities at CoLang 2014: Institute on Collaborative Language
Research June 16-27 at The University of Texas at Arlington.

The institute is funded by a National Science Foundation grant to Colleen
Fitzgerald, professor of linguistics and TESOL, and director of CoLang
2014. Various units of UT Arlington also provided major support.

“For most of my career, I’ve worked to preserve endangered languages and to
promote the ethical and responsible training of students and community
members in language work,” Fitzgerald said. “To be able to facilitate the
collaboration of researchers, language activists, students and others who
study indigenous populations and the preservation of Native American
languages is an absolute privilege.”

​Access full article below:
http://nativetimes.com/index.php/culture/9988-ut-arlington-to-host-international-conference-on-native-american-language
​