Tupe civil register bilingual

Dr. MJ Hardman hardman at ufl.edu
Fri Sep 12 15:23:19 UTC 2014

http://www.elperuano.com.pe/edicion/noticia-reniec-instaura-primer-registro-
civil-biling%C3%BCe-21406.aspx#.VBMO3EiLZ9F

This is the very first place in Perú where this is the law. That it be for
Jaqaru is deeply and profoundly beautiful.  I'm sure this is the first step
for all of per´¨and that Tupe be the pioneer reflects the pioneering work of
both Dr. Dimas Bautista Iturrizaga and myself.

This is very very good news.  At long last -- 60 years after I appeared on
the  scene and 70 years after Dimas started seeking such recognition, and
brought about by the younger folk now understanding -- all legal matters
within Tupe are now available in both Jaqaru and Spanish.  Such very very
good news.

MJ