audio / clock drift

Evan Gardner evan at whereareyourkeys.org
Fri Sep 19 23:40:37 UTC 2014

I am in the full habit of 3 quick claps or finger snaps at the beginning and end of any sessions video or audio. I have found that gives all the participants a firm "go" marker and a "we made it to the end!" marker.

I like 3 because then it gives a good visual to look for on the audio strip, and it gives three points to line up or match to a video file and a visual reference if needed. Having just one point is just that much harder.

I also like to practice having the participants (either informants or students or skit actors) pausing and freezing for one second after the quick 3 snap in. This gives us some room to fade.

Thanks for breaking down your solution. I'm sure I'll refer to it someday!