The Neolithic Hypothesis (Latin et al.)

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 06:26:27 UTC 1999

In a message dated 3/29/99 2:09:37 AM, JoatSimeon at aol.com wrote:
<<And Old Church Slavonic was comprehensible to "all Slavia", at the time. >>

I replied:
<<I've been looking for the historical source for that idea for awhile,
specifically with regard to the northwestern Slavs (the Wends), Czechs and
Poles, etc.  But I haven't found it. The problem with this assertion about OCS
and that [western] group is that it is difficult to find instances where many
western Slavic speakers would have been even exposed to OCS.>>