The Neolithic Hypothesis

Carol Jensen jorna at web4you.dk
Sun Mar 28 18:30:03 UTC 1999

At 14:22 26-03-1999 GMT, you wrote:
JoatSimeon at aol.com wrote:

>Yeah, I've read Mallory, p. 49, too.  Avestan and Sankrit are
>similar, but they're not in any way "virtually the same
>language".  The differences are far greater than between Swedish
>and Danish.

I would protest! Swedish and Danish, to me, are farther apart than Vedic and
Avestan. It's been 30 years since I studied them, but they seemed then like
virtually the same language, which no one could say about Swedish and Danish.
Now Norwegian, one variety, is virtually the same as Danish, for political
reasons.

Carol Jensen