SV: The Neolithic Hypothesis

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at online.no
Mon Mar 29 14:42:16 UTC 1999

Carol Jensen [SMTP:jorna at web4you.dk] skrev 28. mars 1999 20:30:

> I would protest! Swedish and Danish, to me, are farther apart than Vedic
> and Avestan. It's been 30 years since I studied them, but they seemed then
> like virtually the same language, which no one could say about Swedish and
> Danish.  Now Norwegian, one variety, is virtually the same as Danish, for
> political reasons.

Ahem....

As a Norwegian, I must protest. The variety of Norwegian called Bokmaal is
certainly in its written form very similar to Danish, but the spoken
language is a different matter. However, tests show that Norwegian has a
kind of intermediate position between Danish and Swedish, so that Danes and
Swedes are better able to understand Norwegian than each other. Otherwise,
communication may influenced by the fact that Danes and Norwegians love
each other, whereas noone loves the Swedes. (Sorry, Swedes.....)

Best regards,
Lars Martin Fosse

Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,