When a Parent Becomes a Daughter

X99Lynx at aol.com X99Lynx at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 04:07:44 UTC 1999

[ Moderator's note:
  This is a revised version of an message originally sent privately to me by
  Steve Long.  I encouraged him to submit it to the list, where it was caught
  in the backlog.  I'd like to thank him for his patience.
  --rma ]

This is about Larry Trask's statement: "An ancestral LANGUAGE cannot co-exist
with its own descendant."