Reference on Numbers of Saxons

Herb Stahlke HSTAHLKE at gw.bsu.edu
Fri Dec 1 14:25:06 UTC 2000

This is very much a minor note to this thread, but last summer in
my HEL course, a Saudi student who is specialized in early Islamic
scholarship mentioned that Arabic documents dealing with the 8th
c. Muslim invasions of the Iberian Peninsula mention fighting
against Goths.  I wonder what the term might have referred to at
that time.

Herb Stahlke