Historical Greek Grammar

Philip Rusche ruschep at nevada.edu
Sun Dec 10 02:33:51 UTC 2000

Could someone please recommend to me a standard and up-to-date historical
grammar of Greek?  I am working with some Greek texts from the Middle Ages
and need some references for phonological changes (they are glosses, so I
don't need anything on morphology or syntax).  I have Gignac's Grammar of
Greek Papyri (1976) and Browning's Medieval and Modern Greek (1983), but
this is not my field and I do not know what the standard works are.

Please reply offline, if this is not appropriate for the IE list.  Thanks in
advance.

Philip Rusche
ruschep at nevada.edu