The degree of differentiation

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 06:42:07 UTC 2000

>X99Lynx at aol.com writes:

>I'm still waiting for you to tell us how you measure this critical and all
>important "degree of differentiation," that "we" are using with such thorough
>confidence.

-- that would require that you study the languages and linguistics.  I can't
do that for you; but if you begin now, you should be able to address the
question in no more than four or five years.

>BUT you have insisted to a fare-thee-well that you somehow
>magically know how much time it takes for languages to differentiate in
>prehistoric times.

-- merely that we must proceed on the assumption that languages in
prehistoric times changed and differentiated, other things being equal, about
as they do in historic times.