thanks from Natasha Gagarina

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Dec 18 15:51:56 UTC 1998

Dear Colleagues,

With this letter I would like to express my very deep gratitude to all of
the
people who responded to the urgent call from Dr. Magdalena Smoczynska to
help
my son Toni. I could hardly express everything that I felt when I
saw how many people participated in helping us in our trouble. Words are
not enough to describe the feelings.

It was very important for us, because the doctors asked me almost each day
about whether I had enough money for treatment, about what I would do in
order to collect the money to continue the treatment, and about the
insurance, etc.

I hope that the remission that Toni has now will last during the next five
years (If there is no relapse during five years, the patient is considered
to be healthy again). He has to get two more strong blocks of chemo during
the next months and then long-term chemotherapy during approx. two years.

I really do not know if we could overcome these enormous difficulties
without the help of all of you. And I cannot imagine how what a huge THANK
YOU I
would like to say to someone so dear to us, MAGDALENA SMOCZYNSKA. I cannot
even measure my gratitude to her.

I wish everybody Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 1999!

With the best regards,
Natasha Gagarina
gagarina at zas.gwz-berlin.de