dyslexia research position

Ginny Mueller Gathercole v.c.gathercole at bangor.ac.uk
Tue Apr 20 17:50:00 UTC 1999

UNIVERSITY OF WALES,  BANGOR
SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY
Research Fellowship in Dyslexia
Salary Scale:  R&A Grade II  £21,815 - £29,048

We are seeking to appoint a Research Fellow who will further strengthen our
research in the area of dyslexia and work closely with colleagues in our
long established and well known Dyslexia Unit.  The School has strong
interests in language development, neuropsychology and cognition and has an
outstanding record of success in both teaching and research.  According to
national assessments we rank among the top-rated UK Psychology departments
for research (i.e. rated 5A on a scale of 1-5*) and have achieved the
highest rating "excellent" for Teaching Quality.

Applicants will be expected to have a Ph.D. in Psychology and relevant
research
experience in the field of dyslexia.  The school has good access to
functional imaging facilities and we would particularly welcome
applications from people with interests in this approach.

The appointment will be for 3 years in the first instance.

Application forms and further particulars are available from:  Personnel
Services, University of Wales, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG.  Tel:
01248-382926/388132. e-mail: pos020 at bangor.ac.uk.  Informal queries should
be directed to Mrs Gillian Mair, Tel: 01248 383884, e-mail:
g.mair at bangor.ac.uk

Please quote reference number:  99/30 when applying.

Closing date for applications:  Friday 14th May, 1999

Committed to Equal Opportunities

Virginia C. Mueller Gathercole, Ph.D.

Ysgol Seicoleg                               School of Pyschology
Prifysgol Cymru, Bangor	                     University of Wales, Bangor
Gwynedd LL57 2DG 			     Gwynedd LL57 2DG
Cymru                                        Wales
                        |      /\
                        |     /  \/\
Tel:  44 (0)1248 382624 |  /\/    \ \
Fax:  44 (0)1248 382599 | /  ======\=\