Teletubbies: + or - ?!

Shelley L. Velleman velleman at comdis.umass.edu
Thu Dec 16 17:28:07 UTC 1999

You can access "old" (recent) CHILDES messages at the LinguistList
mirror, which is at this address:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/info-childes.html

I just searched for "teletubbies", and found 19 messages archived from
last May.

An undergrad student of mine, Sarah Schmit, just presented some research
at ASHA that we did together on the phonology of the Teletubbies.  We
hope to write it up this spring.

Has the show been dubbed into Hebrew?  If so, I'd love your impression
of the tubbies' phonologies in that language.  (We're just looking at
Spanish, in which their speech appears to be totally adult-like
phonologically and syntactically; quite different from English!)

Shelley Velleman
Communication Disorders
Univ. of Mass.
Amherst, MA  010030410