confidentiality

Judith Becker Bryant jbryant at luna.cas.usf.edu
Thu Feb 18 14:54:32 UTC 1999

Brian:  when we go through IRB processes (human
subjects review) for research at my university,
we need to inform the committee of those who will
have access to confidential information and
permanent, identifiable records such as videos
and audiotapes.  Similarly, we need to inform
potential participants.  It is certainly possible
to request modification of our original plan from
the IRB, but might be difficult if not impossible
to obtain permission from participants to widen
the group of individuals with access to the data.
I believe that these kinds of issues should be
considered in this discussion.
   Judy

                 Judith Becker Bryant, Ph.D.
                 Associate Professor