request for information

Kathleen Peets hemphikp at HUGSE1.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Jan 25 17:58:54 UTC 1999

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone was aware of speech analysis software for use at
the discourse level.  Specifically, I am interested in viewing wave forms
for the analysis of loudness and pitch, and also for sound patterns across
utterances or extended discourse.  I am aware of music programs (Cool Edit,
Goldwave) that allow for the viewing and editing of wave forms, but they do
not include viewing intonation contours or aligning language with the wave
form.  What I am looking for is more along the lines of ESPS/Waves+,
although this package is very expensive, and may have more features than I
actually need.  Ideally, I would like to be able to align CHAT format
utterance lines below a wave graphic, but this may be asking for too much!

Thanks for your help.

Kathleen Peets