request for information

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Jan 25 18:18:58 UTC 1999

Dear Kathleen and Info-CHILDES,

  Sonic CHAT in the CLAN editor allows you to match up utterances in a
transcript with the wave graphic.  Have you tried it?  It does not do
exactly what you asked, i.e. picking up the utterance out of the transcript
and displaying it below the wave.  You have to think carefully here about
what level of alignment between text and wave form you really have.  If you
want word-by-word alignment, that is a problem we are still working on.

--Brian MacWhinney

--On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 12:58 PM -0500 Kathleen Peets