child language readings

Elizabeth Bates bates at crl.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 29 01:07:45 UTC 1999

Mike Tomasello and Elizabeth Bates have agreed to put together a book
of essential readings in language acquisition, as part of a series
for Blackwell.  We have a preliminary list of our own ideas, but are
anxious to hear from other researchers in the field about your
teaching needs.  If you are willing to help out, please send us
any suggestions you might have for articles that you use in your
own courses (in addition to or instead of textbooks), or any
primary sources that (in your view) any undergraduate or graduate
student in language development ought to read.  You could, if
you like, also send us the bibliographies that you give to your
own classes as email attachments.  We don't want to clog up
info-childes with such attachments, so please address your
thoughts to either of us at the following addresses:

bates at crl.ucsd.edu
tomas at eva.mpg.de

Once we have collected your suggestions, we will be happy to post
a list of the top twenty or so choices proposed by info-childes
readers (although they may not all work out for the Blackwell reader).
Thanks in advance.  -Liz Bates & Mike Tomasello