postdoc position in Language and Brain

Dennis L. Molfese dmolfese at som.siu.edu
Mon May 3 14:33:02 UTC 1999

Postdoctoral position in Language and Brain.

I can support a postdoctoral position for two years beginning this summer
on July 1. I am looking for someone with strong graduate training in early
language development. The training I will provide will focus on the
electrophysiological correlates of early language development (speech
perception, word and sentence development) using several 128 electrode
array Geo-net systems with children ranging in age from neonates to
preschoolers. One system will be set up in a local hospital to allow us to
study longitudinally identical and fraternal twins, while another will be
based in my University of Louisville lab to test older infants and
children.

No prior electrophysiological experience or familiarity with that
literature is necessary (although always welcome). Training will involve
emersion in that literature, grant and manuscript writing, in-depth
training in hardware and theory, and relevant statistical data treatments,
as well as in the neuropsychology of language. At the end of this postdoc
training period, it is my expectation that the student will be able to set
up and operate a state of the art language centered neuroelectrophysiology
lab.

If you are interested or know of someone who might be interested, please
ask them to contact me at their earliest convenience. Applicants should
send to me their letter of interest in which they outline their relevant
background, a vita, and two letters of recommendation.

Thanks,
Dennis Molfese

Dennis L. Molfese, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Physiology,
   Pediatrics, Psychiatry,
   and Behavioral & Social Sciences
Chair, Behavioral & Social Sciences
School of Medicine
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, IL  62901-6502

618/453-3521
dmolfese at som.siu.edu

Beginning July 1, 1999:

Dennis L. Molfese, Ph.D.
Chair and Professor
Distinguished University Scholar
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
University of Louisville
317 Life Sciences Building
Belknap Campus
Louisville, KY 40292-0001