DST

pilar duran pduran at bu.edu
Fri Apr 14 16:51:46 UTC 2000

Dear Evan,

I am very glad to hear that researchers are becoming more interested in
the relation between complexity theory and language (language acquisition
in particular). There is not much work done in this topic. But you might
want to contact Peter Rogan. He presented a poster in the second language
research forum on 'Complexity theory and various factors in language
learning'. Even though his focus was L2 acquisition, he had many
references you might be interested in. I also read a dissertation from
someone in the Netherlands that dealt with L1 acquisition and dynamic
systems. I will pass you the complete reference as soon as I find it.

Best wishes,

Pilar Duran