new version of CLAN for Windows

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Apr 14 20:59:27 UTC 2000

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  For some time, the Windows version of CLAN has tended to lag behind the
Macintosh version in terms of stability and features.  We have now produced a
version of CLAN for Windows that almost totally closes this gap.  In
particular, this new version provides full support for video editing and
linking in both CLAN and CA Mode on Windows with both QuickTime (.mov) and
MediaPlayer (.mpg) formats.  In addition, this version fixes some problems
with disappearing words when using word highlighting that were noted in
recent versions of the editor.  I strongly recommend that anyone using CLAN
on Windows for video editing download this new copy from the web site at
childes.psy.cmu.edu.  Good luck.

--Brian MacWhinney