effects of teaching a foreign language of first languag

Lynn Santelmann santelmannl at pdx.edu
Sun Feb 13 23:14:57 UTC 2000

You may want to take a look at the resources offered by the Center for
Applied Linguistics (www.cal.org) or the Center for Advanced Research on
Language Acquisition at the University of Minnesota. Both have
information/resources on teaching foreign languages to children.

http://www.cal.org/public/topics/forlang.htm
http://carla.acad.umn.edu/

Best,

Lynn Santelmann

> Hello,
>
> I'm doing a research on the effects of teaching a foreign language on
> the
> first language. Particularly, I would like to investigate the debate
> between
> the opponents and the proponents of teaching a foreign language to
> children
> who are under 12 years of old. If you know some studies and books about
> this
> issue, please let me.
>
> Abdulaziz Fageeh
> Indiana University, PA