biblio sources

Susan Ervin-Tripp ervin-tr at cogsci.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 28 07:38:19 UTC 2000

Annette Karmiloff-Smith's inquiry reminds me of my problems in
finding citations in Psychinfo, which is run by the American Psychological
Association and serves their journals best.

Since I often can't find what I want in Psychinfo, I decided to check
them against my own
publications, which number around 125, some under Ervin, some Ervin-Tripp.
Psychinfo yielded 27, the Modern Language Association yielded 58. So that
tells me that for writing about language, the MLA will give you a better
hit rate.   The MLA included European publications not in English.
If anybody on this net has a connection with the APA, you might ask them
why they do such a poor job.

Susan Ervin-Tripp