I need help finding literature on Pragmatics !!!

Dan I. SLOBIN slobin at cogsci.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 4 02:56:39 UTC 2001

The frog story is not an urban legend.  You can begin with Berman & Slobin
(1994), follow that with the dozens of studies cited there, and contact
the large group of frog-story researchers listed in the Appendix for more
current work.  It's all in:
	Berman, R. A.l, & Slobin, D. I. (1994).  _Relating events in
	narrative: A crosslinguistic developmental study_.  Lawrence
	Erlbaum Associates.
Also, if you access CHILDES, you'll find a "frog" directory with texts of
frog stories gathered from children and adults in a range of languages.

Good luck in hunting for the frog!
Dan Slobin
Dept of Psychology
University of California, Berkeley