Sad news from Hungary

Jean Berko Gleason gleason at bu.edu
Thu Jan 11 18:52:23 UTC 2001

It is with immense sadness that I report the sudden death of Zita Reger
in Budapest some time during the first week of January. I had a warm New
Year's greeting from her on the third of January.  From what I have
heard from friends in Hungary, a day or two after that she had plans to
meet with her sisters, and when she failed to appear they went to her
apartment and found her lifeless in the kitchen, where she had been
preparing a meal.

Plans in Hungary are incomplete, but I am sure that the child language
community will want to do something to remember Zita, who, among other
things, organized the Budapest meeting of the IASCL and sent us all on a
memorable evening cruise down the Danube, under the lighted bridges of
the city.

--
Jean Berko Gleason