CHILDES bib access errors

Brian MacWhinney macwhinn at hku.hk
Thu Jan 25 03:35:48 UTC 2001

Dear Info-CHILDES,
  It appears that a few people were having trouble running searches on the
on-line version of the CHILDES bibliography.  The server would report an
error generating the "top of the list."   On further testing it appears that
these errors were most common when using Internet Explorer on the Mac as the
browser.  We changed a setting in the server software and this problem now
seems to have largely gone away, although not totally.  If you experience
any problems with using the on-line CHILDES bib, please tell me, including
the browser you are using and the operating system.  Many thanks.

--Brian MacWhinney