sorry for the virus

beate luo beate at fcu.edu.tw
Wed Jul 18 01:35:37 UTC 2001

Dear all,

last week my computer got infested with the W32/Verona virus which spreads itself using the adress book of the computer. I suspected one file of being a virus message, so I just highlighted it for deleting. That was already enough to start it working. I was later told that it is impossible to delete these kind of viruses. I'm sorry that it got to the list. I got a lot of messages of virus warnings from some of your computer systems and some messages of people I don't know, telling me they could'nt read the message, some were even insulting as if I would have spread the virus intentionally. I didn't and all I can say is I'm sorry that the virus started from my computer. I've been waiting with this apology until my computer came back from the computer center as I didn't want to trigger another round of virus messages.

Sincerely yours,
Dr. Beate Luo

Feng-Chia University
Foreign Lanuage and Literature Teaching Section
Dept. of Humanities
100 Wen-Hua Rd.
Hsi-Tun District, 407
Taichung City