Picture Books for Eliciting Emotional Expressions

George Hunt c.g.hunt at reading.ac.uk
Fri Jul 20 11:14:10 UTC 2001

A very reliable source of this kind of talk is 'Where the Wild Things Are'
by Maurice Sendak. Other promising titles are:

The Tunnel by Anthony Brown

Badger's Parting Gifts by Susan Varley

My Brother Sean by Errol Lloyd

The Great Green Mouse Disaster by Martin Waddell and Phillipe Dupasquier

Dogger by Shirley Hughes

The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg (top end of your age
range)

I'm sorry I don't have publishing details to hand, but all of these books
are classics and should be widely available.

Best wishes

George Hunt