Correct/incorrect use

Aliyah MORGENSTERN morgen at idf.ext.jussieu.fr
Tue Apr 9 14:09:56 UTC 2002

Dear info-childes members,

I find many articles on language acquisition which mention "correct" and
"incorrect" uses (or expressions such as "incorrect determinerless nouns").
I am not very comfortable with such expressions. I personnaly do not find
that they could be applied to child language but I don't want to be
critical, it is not always easy to find the right way to express what we
mean ("adulte use"?).
Could those of you who have the time and patience to do so  tell me what you
think of the use of "correct" and "incorrect" applied to child language? Do
you know of any work that discusses that issue?

Thank you very much!

Aliyah Morgenstern
Maître de Conférences Université Paris III
LEAPLE CNRS-Paris V