Research utilizing the MCDI

Dale, Philip S. DaleP at health.missouri.edu
Tue Feb 5 15:30:39 UTC 2002

The MacArthur Communicative Development Inventories research group (http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/cdi/) is preparing a revised, updated, and expanded "User's Guide and Technical Manual" for these instruments.  We are especially interested in providing updated information on the reliability and validity of the measures, as well as examples of research and clinical applications. We would be very grateful for copies of published and in-press publications which have used any of the measures, including the original full forms (the MCDI:Words & Gestures and the MCDI-Words & Sentences), the short forms (Level I and Level II), and the CDI-III. Conference presentations are also welcome if the authors are comfortable with having them cited. If space permits in the revised manual, we hope to include a full bibliography along with the selected citations in the text.

For this project, we are seeking reports of research with the English versions only.
Thank you for your help on this. Please send the material to the address below.

Philip S. Dale, Professor & Chair
Communication Sciences & Disorders
303 Lewis Hall
University of Missouri-Columbia