age calculation in Excel

John Grinstead John.Grinstead at uni.edu
Tue Jul 30 19:03:13 UTC 2002

Dear All,

I am always pleasantly surprised by how many knowledgeable and
helpful folks there are on this list. Thanks again for your help,
especially:

Barbara Zurer Pearson
Yvan Rose
Brian MacWhinney
Neil Bohannon
Susan Gelman
Keiko Okada

Most especially, I would like to thank Sonja Bartels, who provided me
with this function which can be pasted into an Excel spreadsheet:

=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"y") & ";" & DATEDIF(A2,B2,"ym") & "." & DATEDIF(A2,B2,"md")

which will produce an age like "7;3.7" in column C, if you enter
birthdates like "4-15-95" in column A and testing dates like
"7-22-02" in column B.

Thanks again, all, so much,

John

John Grinstead