Phonology of Hearing Impaired children

Lise Menn lise.menn at colorado.edu
Sat Jun 1 03:27:37 UTC 2002

Dear Adi-Bensaid Limor
	For hard of hearing and deaf children without implants but
receiving clinical intervention, you might get some useful information from
the following references:

Obenchain, Patrick, Lise Menn, and Christine Yoshinaga-Itano. 2000. Can
speech development at thirty-six months in children with hearing loss be
predicted from information available in the second year of life? In  C.
Yoshinaga-Itano and A. Sedey (eds.) Language, Speech, and Social-Emotional
Development of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Children: The Early Years. Volta
Review Research Monograph.

Wallace, Valerie, Lise Menn, and Christine Yoshinaga-Itano. 2000. Is babble
the gateway to speech for all children? A longitudinal study of deaf and
hard-of-hearing infants. In  C. Yoshinaga-Itano and A. Sedey (eds.)
Language, Speech, and Social-Emotional Development of Deaf and
Hard-of-Hearing Children: The Early Years. Volta Review Research Monograph.

>Dear fellow researchers,
>
>I am a PhD student and I am interested in phonology of hearing impaired
>children.
>It is a longitudinal research and we intend to compare the prosodic
>development of children during their first stages of language acquisition.
>The emphasis is on deaf children with a cochlear implant.
>I am interested in the prosodic theory and also in the optimality theory.
>I have two requests:
>1. Do you know bibliography on this topic which might help me?
>2. Do you know a program for analyzing the data (number of syllables,
>complexity of syllables,
>Stress, onset, coda acquisition etc.)?
>Thank you by advanced

>Adi-Bensaid Limor

Beware Procrustes bearing Occam's razor.

	Lise Menn 			office phone 303-492-1609
	Professor			home fax     303-413-0017
	Department of Linguistics
	UCB 295