'frog' story research

Ellina Chernobilsky ellinac at email.eden.rutgers.edu
Mon May 13 18:48:52 UTC 2002

--
Dear colleagues:
I am a doctorate student at Rutgers University in New Jersey. I am
preparing to do a research on children and story telling. I know that
there is a lot of research with a so called 'frog' story. I was
wondering

a. if it was possible to find some of the transcripts of the
previously done studies of five year old children telling the story
b. if there are any studies done with Russian language speaking
children using the story
c. how were the children asked to tell the story. I ran a pilot study
and found out that five-year-olds were not very willing to tell
stories using books. Any help and advice on how to get them to tell
the stories will be appreciated.

Ellina Chernobilsky,
Rutgers University
Graduate School of Education