ADVANCE NOTICE: Child Phonology Conference 2003

Joe Stemberger stemberg at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Sep 5 14:59:30 UTC 2002

ADVANCE NOTICE: Child Phonology Conference 2003

Hello, all.

After surveying people, and checking availability, the dates for next
year's 2003 Child Phonology Conference are July 1-4 in Vancouver at UBC.

July 1 is an evening reception and chance to celebrate a bit of Canada
Day by watching fireworks if you choose.

July 2: Phonological development per se: Morning - syllable and word
structure development: afternoon - feature development
        Banquet in evening.

July 3: Phonological development in context: This allows for a wider
range of topics, from fluency and phonology, to instrumental evaluation
and phonology, or phonology and morphology, multilingual phonology,
intervention outcomes, methods, etc.

July 4, a.m. only: Research group small discussion, tours of labs,
optional day.

There will be a submission process to elicit some of that thematic
content. We will be in touch in the early fall about the submission
process. We would like to consider a website with full papers or a
proceedings this year. More on that as things develop here.

Barbara Bernhardt, Joe Stemberger
UBC