friends of sandy Friel-patti

Pamela Rosenthal Rollins rollins at utdallas.edu
Tue Sep 10 20:37:36 UTC 2002

It is with deep sorrow that I report our friend and colleague Sandy
Friel-Patti peacefully passed away around 9:00 p.m last evening. Her
Husband Joe, and daughter Jessica were at her side.  As many of you know
Sandy lived with cancer and all of its assorted challenges for 17 years.
Sandy loved her work.  She did not believe in allowing the cancer to
interrupt her professional responsibilities or goals.  Sandy continued
to conduct research, publish, obtain significant extramural funding,
mentor graduate students and serve in important roles in professional
societies. An amazing feat given the 17 year challenge cancer has
provided.
Sandy was truly one incredible person!!! We will miss her.

--
 Pamela Rosenthal Rollins,
 Associate Professor, UTD/Callier Center for Communication Disorders