Mor and Post in CLAN

lanhamml lanhamml at slu.edu
Tue Dec 2 17:07:45 UTC 2003

Dear Brian,

Deborah Hwa-Froelich and I are currently trying to use mor,
post, and freq to analyze child functions in coded files.
Our challenges are as follows:

1.  We are using the command mor +re *sample.cha in order to
get a mor line to later calculate prepositions and
conjunctions.  The message that appears is 'can't open file
ar.cut quitting'

2.  We need to run post (I think) in order to run
frequencies on the mor line for prepositions.  The command
we are planning to use is post *sample.cha.

3.  Lastly, we plan to use the command freq
+s at prepositions.cut +f sample.cha.

I've tried to run some of these commands and have received
the message, 'can't find engdb.'  The website has changed
somewhat since June.  Will you please let me know where I
should look to download that newest engdb?  Also, please let
me know if I am using the incorrect commands to analyze our
data files.

Thanks so much.  Any and all help is appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Melissa Lanham