Hungry Caterpillar

R. Bruce Thompson bthompso at usm.maine.edu
Wed Dec 3 17:01:27 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues,

I am working on a project that is exploring the frequency and types of
test-questions to preschoolers during book reading.  I have a large sample
of transcripts from low SES mother-child dyads, reading the Hungry
Caterpillar, by Eric Carl, and was wondering if anyone on this list has
ever used that book in a similar context with high SES ("middle-class")
families. I am interested in making comparisons across several age groups
(2 - 5) of mothers' use of questions about names/labels, action and
causation.  Does anyone have data using that book, that they would like to
share?  Thanks very much!

Bruce.

Robert Bruce Thompson, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology