research project

Crain-Thoreson, Catherine cthoreson at cascadia.ctc.edu
Mon Feb 10 22:56:35 UTC 2003

Debora,

I worked with some students at Western Washington a few years ago
investigating how children converse with fathers vs. mothers.  The
reference is Crain-thoreson, C., Dahlin, M. P., & Powell, T. A. (2001).
Parent-child conversation in three conversational contexts: Variations
in style and strategy.  In P. Rebello Britto & J. Brooks-Gunn (Eds.) The
role of family literacy environments in promotion young children's
emergent literacy skills.  New Directions for Child and Adolescent
Development, 92, 23-38.

I'd also look for work on this topic by Michael Tomasello or Erica
Hoff-Ginsberg among others.

Catherine Crain-Thoreson