"childhood" pseudo-article

Barbara Zurer Pearson bpearson at comdis.umass.edu
Mon Feb 17 14:25:02 UTC 2003

Dear Infochildes,

As long as Patrick Griffiths has you rummaging
around mentally, let me ask about an article I
saw about 10 or 15 years ago.  I showed it to my
then teenage daughter, who registered it, but now
as a new mother would like to see it again--and
I can't find it.

It was a tongue-in-cheek description of childhood
as a medical condition--explaining the small stature,
disorganized movements etc.  (It's NOT the piece in
the Onion, which is in the same vein, but cruder.  The
Onion is the tabloid version; this is the one that
tries to be from "Nature" (or so I remember it.)

I don't think it was new way back when.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barbara Pearson

--
Barbara Zurer Pearson, Ph.D.