Baby diary' on a French King

MT Le Normand lenorman at infobiogen.fr
Mon Feb 17 17:33:19 UTC 2003

Barbara
I got this journal from La Sorbonne Library at Paris V, a german book
published in 1985

Ernst, Gerhard (1985) Gesprochenes Franzoesisch zu Beginn des 17
Jahrhunderts, Direkte Rede in Jean Héroards "Histoire particulière de Louis
XIII" (1601-1610), Tubingen, Max Niemeyer Verlag, X-623pp.

There are also other relevant references you can find in library about this
case:
Ernst, Gerhard (1989) le langage du prince. In Foisil (ed), vol 1, 189-214

Foisil Madeleine (ed) 1989. Journal de Jean Héroards. Publication du centre
de recherche sur la civilisation de l'Europe moderne, 2 volumes, Paris,
Fayard (Vol 1, 1601-1608; vol 2, 1609-1628)

Gougenheim, H (1931) L'observation du langage d'un enfant royal au XVIIe
siècle. Revue de philologie française et romane, 43, 1-15.

As you see, Jean (Jehan) Héroard was Louis' personal physician. Born in
1551, Héroard was fifty years old at the time of Louis' birth and kept a
daily journal of Louis's development from birth for 26 years, termnating
only due to Héroard's own death in 1628

Marie-Thérèse Le Normand